Today I focused in making a puppet in a stick, similar to how a paper shadow puppet works.
After watching some tutorials and using Unity 2d physics, rigidbodies, 2d Hinge joints and Kenney art assets, I ended up with a 2d ragdoll, and later a 2d puppet close enought to what I wanted.
Here are a list of references that I used for this part of the project:
- Kenney Toon Characters 1 - https://www.kenney.nl/assets/toon-characters-1
- Kenney Platformer Characters - https://www.kenney.nl/assets/platformer-characters
- Hinge Joint 2D - Official Unity Tutorial - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6awvCT29yU
- 2D Physics are awesome! - Chains & Ropes in Unity 2020 (tutorial) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvS4U5Y0d4g
- 2D Physics Examples (for draging object) - https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/PhysicsExamples2D
Till Next Time!